The Annual Gingerbread House Competition is back at The Ross Ragland Theater this year! The event tasks competitors with creating the most innovative and most delicious-looking gingerbread house to win prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the various categories which include, Preschool/K, Elementary, Teens, Adults, and Organizations. Join the competition and show off your gingerbread house to the Basin!
Drop your entries off between: November 29th – December 3rd (12PM-5PM)
(Available to view during our box office hours, 12PM – 5PM Monday through Friday. Entry to the lobby can be made available through by speaking with our box office attendant.)
– November 30th – December 3rd
– December 6th – 10th
– December 13th – 17th
During performances and movie showings the lobby and viewing of the gingerbread houses will only be open to ticket holders. Tickets are available at or box office two hours prior to the start of any show.
Competitors may enter any of the many categories, including:
– Preschool/K (Under 5 years)
– Elementary (1st – 6th grade)
– Teens (7th – 12th grade)
– Adults (18+)
– Organizations (Scout troops, other group projects)
– All entries must be completely edible. Please provide list of all materials used in house/scene.
– Gingerbread must be home-made (no pre-baked, pre-packaged or kit materials.) Construction using graham crackers, pretzels, cereal, or other edible materials is allowed!
– All structures must be built on a STURDY platform such as a cutting board or heavy cardboard. All structures must be built on one platform not to exceed 18” x 24”
– All entries must be picked up by Dec 21st @ 5PM
1st Place for Each Category Receives:
Preschool – Adult
– Ribbon + Gift card + Tickets (2) to the showing of the Nutcracker
Entries Due: Monday, November 29th (Drop off between the hours of 12PM – 5PM)
Judging: December 20th from 2:00PM – 4:00PM (Closed to public)
Award Ceremony: December 20th from 4:30PM – 5:30PM in the Ross Ragland’s lobby. Prizes will also be distributed at this time; entrants must be present in order to win. Hot cocoa and cookies will be available for your enjoyment.
Pick Up: December 21st 12:00PM – 5:00PM