Hillbilly Silly Science Spectacular
November 9th, 2021 @ 10:00 AM & 12:30 PM
The Hillbilly Silly Science Spectacular is an amazing stage show like none other out there! We’ve all seen scientist shows, and we have seen comedy shows – but this new show concept goes beyond description. It is insanely unique and hilarious.
The Ross Ragland Theater and Cultural Center presents the 2021/22 Teen Theatre Program Production of:
“Hammered: A Thor & Loki Play”
Thursday, January 20th, 2022 @ 10:00 AM & 12:30 PM
As Thor struggles with the stress of final exams, his brother Loki finds himself under a different sort of pressure. Neither are beneath pranks in the endless competition for their parents’ favor. But underneath all the thunder and mischief, these two Princes of Asgard discover a bond that will last millennia.
THIS PERFORMANCE WILL INCLUDE 8-12 LOCAL TEEN PERFORMERS
Wednesday, Feburary 16th, 2022 @ 10:00 AM & 12:30 PM
ARTrageous, an American touring performance art company that began doing street theater in the 80’s before growing into an internationally renowned touring band, as well as performance painters in 1998. In 2014 they combined their diverse artistic backgrounds into on show called ARTrageous.
Thursday, April 7th, 2022 @ 12:30 PM
With a flair for the wild and unexpected, the genre-defying trio, TAKE3 brings the refinement of a rigorous classical music background and infuses it with rock-star charisma. Known for their infectious and down to earth onstage personalities, this group leaves their indelible mark on captivated crowds around the country, performing their arrangements of top pop hits, Americana, Oldies, and everything in between.
Wings of Courage
Thursday, April 14th, 2022 @ 10:00 AM & 12:30 PM
Wings of Courage is based on the true story of Eugene Jacques Bullard, an incredible individual who was a boxer, bandleader, nightclub owner, and war hero as well as the first African-American to fly an airplane in combat during World War I. Bullard is a little know figure, although his achievement predates the accomplishment of the Tuskegee Airmen.
TBD / Grades / Fall.2021
The audience plays a key part in the overall theater experience. Each audience member affects those around him or her as well as the performers. Remind your class that everyone will have an especially wonderful time at the performance by remembering their theater manners.
Here is how students can help:
- It is important to remain seated throughout the performance.
- Restroom visits are best made prior to seating.
- Photography and recording during the performance are not permitted.
- Give your full attention and energy to the performers. In return, the performers give it back to you with a better performance.
- Don’t talk during the show unless you are asked. Sometimes we think that if we whisper, it is okay. But if everyone in the audience whispers, it can be disruptive to the performers.
- Turn watches, pagers and cell phones to silent.
- Do not interrupt performers with comments that may disrupt the performance for others.
- Show the performers your appreciation for their efforts by applauding.
Your cooperation will ensure a well-focused environment for everyone to enjoy, cherish & remember.